Case Study: Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co, Ltd.
Nurturing a culture for innovative change
Belinda Ngan, Head of Human Resources and Administration Department,
Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co, Ltd.
“The self-service functionality has been very successful—it replaced the previous practice of printing and manually distributing reports by HR, which has helped a lot in terms of confidentiality and ensuring data privacy.”
Team Building Activity – Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co, Ltd.
Run for Charity – Shanghai Pudong Development Bank Co, Ltd.
The adoption of the FESA HR system has brought several key advantages for the bank:
- 10% cost saving in terms of manpower;
- 50% reduction in 2016 staff turnover, compared to 2015;
- Time and cost savings with shift from traditional administrative practices to self-service functions; and
- Enhanced confidentiality and data privacy.
Within a year SPD Bank is already reaping the benefits associated with the new HRIS:
- Employees benefit from streamlined procedures, which has led to increased job satisfaction, which in turn has a positive knock-on effect throughout the entire organisation.
- HR has seen work processes become much better standardised in keeping with the models of today’s more progressive and strategic approach to HR. The HRIS also provides a much more cost-effective means of managing HR which in turn frees up time for HR to focus on more strategic functions that help drive future success.